Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sassy Ruffled Seamstress

Oh my! I know I am late to the game on this one. Simplicity 2497 oh how I love thee. There have been many a reviews on Pattern Review about this pattern. I fell in love with it just from the pattern envelope. I loved that darn ruffle! So I saw it only fitting to make it to wear to a wedding I was attending. I chose a black stretch sateen and I used some left over black & white cotton fabric in my stash to make a contrasting midriff.

Here I am all dolled up getting ready to go:


I also made a matching hair accessory:


Due to the ease allowed in this pattern there where very little alterations made to the final pattern. I had a bit of a gaping armhole and I simply transferred the access from the armhole to the waist and retraced the sideseam eliminating the access created from the transfer. Hope that makes sense to you. Overall I simply loved this pattern it is after all as sassy as I am. LOL

Until Next Time,